The purpose of this policy is to be transparent and describe the way that we handle your personal information.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a user who registers for a course or event on the SAHA Academy website ( https://academy.sahockey.co.za ) by completing the appropriate form in order to register for the services provided.
Personal information includes:
- certain information that we collect automatically when you visit our website or;
- certain information collected on registration (see below);
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to you specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us; and
- information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal information which we may collect and process include your:
- identifying information - such as your name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information - such as your phone number or email address;
- geographical information - such as the town or city you reside in; or
- sensitive personal information
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal information or, if you are sharing the information of another data subject, where you have their consent to do so.
Notification of changes
SAHA Academy may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We may notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website. If you do not agree with the changes, then you must stop using the website and our services. If you continue to use the website and our services following notification of a change to the policy, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
SAHA Academy is, however, under no obligation to inform the User of such changes when they happen, although it is assumed that any changes will be minor and will not fundamentally impact the User. Should the change be deemed by SAHA Academy to be significant, we will endeavour to inform the User of these changes through whatever means we deem necessary (banner on home page, email notification etc.) in a timely manner.
Information we collect on registration
In the course of service provision to the User we may collect certain forms of information. The types of information that we may collect are detailed below:
Information you provide:
When you register for a course or event on the website by completing the appropriate form, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our service.
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal information when you register on our website. This personal information will include;
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your telephone number;
- ID number;
- Country of Registration;
- Your gender;
- Your ethnicity;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residing province or region
We will use this personal information to fulfil your registration, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
- If you register for a course or event on the website as an individual, you must be over the age of 18.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain prior consent from your parent or legal guardian in order to register. In this case you must upload a signed consent letter from your parent or legal guardian during the registration process.
- If you register for a course or event on behalf of a group (more that 1 registrant), you must ensure that you have consent from all group registrants to provide their personal information during the registration process.
- If you register for a course or event on behalf of a group (more than 1 registrant), and there are any group registrants under the age of 18, then you must first obtain prior consent from their parent or legal guardian, in which case a signed consent letter from their parent or legal guardian must be uploaded during the registration process.
Financial information: SAHA Academy may ask for financial information (bank account details) only if you are due a refund for any reason and you specifically request that the refund is made directly to your bank account. Such information will be treated with the utmost privacy and will not be provided to any third parties who are not agents of SAHA Academy.
When you use SAHA Academy, our server automatically records information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
SAHA Academy collects certain information from your web browser, including your Internet usage information when you visit our website.
Our website may contain electronic image requests that allow us to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of your personal information. We merely use them to compile anonymous information about our website.
When you send email or other communication to SAHA Academy, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
SAHA Academy may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed and who followed them, either on the website or in electronic communications. We use this information to improve the quality of our service, customised content and advertising.
Purpose for collection
We may use or process any other information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information. We generally collect and process your personal information for various purposes, including:
- SAHA Database - upload of your personal information to the SAHA Members Database;
- marketing purposes - such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes - such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, other proposed and actual transactions; and better understand our data subjects' needs when doing so;
- legal purposes - such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
We may use any of your personal information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us.
Consent to collection
Consent can be express (e.g. signing an agreement) or implied (e.g. if the User is given an opportunity to opt-out of a specific form of information sharing, but chooses not to do so, SAHA Academy assumes that the User chooses to share this information with us).
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when you provide us with any registration or other information.
How information is used
We may use your personal information to fulfil our obligations to you. SAHA Academy collects user information for the purposes described below:
- providing a service to our users, including the display of customised content and advertising;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our service;
- ensuring the technical functioning of our equipment and resources;
- developing new services.
SAHA Academy may send the User, site and service announcement updates on an irregular basis. Users are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about our service. On occasion SAHA Academy will email newsletters to provide the User with information that we think the User will find useful, including information about new products and services. We might also contact the User by email to see if the User is interested in participating in market research regarding SAHA Academy. We may also contact the User by email to respond to customer-service complaints that the User has submitted, to address a problem affecting the User's use of the service or to verify the User's account information if the User submits a password request. We may use your information for targeted content in certain, specified instances.
Disclosure Information sharing
- SAHA Academy may share your personal information with SAHA (South African Hockey Association)
- SAHA Academy may share a User's contact information with SAHA Academy agents, course facilitators or other registered Users for the purposes of communications relating to SAHA Academy services. This contact information includes, but is not limited to, name, surname, email address and phone number.
- We may disclose your personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our customer relationship terms.
We may generate and disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees or agents for the purpose of providing the service that you requested to you. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record. During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information. We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary.
Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update or remove the personal information you have submitted to us by email, and after completing a verification process.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third party websites.
Enquiries and contact information
- The terms "The User" and "User" are used interchangeably and refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason whatsoever.
- The terms "we" and "SAHA Academy" are used interchangeably and refer to SAHA Academy itself and all individuals and/or entities acting directly on behalf of SAHA Academy.
- The term "the Site" or "website" refers to the SAHA Academy website located at https://academy.sahockey.co.za that is being accessed by individuals or entities.
- The terms "SAHA" and "South African Hockey Association" are used interchangeably and refer to the mother body of which SAHA Academy is a division.
- The term "agents" and "employees" and "facilitators" and "affiliates" are used interchangeably and refer to persons appointed by SAHA Academy to provide the services to the user.